Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PEGGY, PEGGY!!!!

Yaaay!!!

Maybe I'll finally be able to speak about Margaret Atwood in Spain without getting blank stares... she's one the most important arts and literature prize Spain can give to a foreigner. Bonus: she'll probably come to get it. I don't think I'll do the crazy-fan thing and go yell at her in Oviedo, but hopefully she'll take a detour and come to Madrid ;)

MARGARET ATWOOD, PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARD LAUREATE FOR LETTERS

And, taking advantage of the hype, I leave you with a repost of one of my favorite clips of Margaret being herself... if you click on the video you can finish the interview on youtube...



STATEMENT BY MARGARET ATWOOD, AFTER BEING BESTOWED WITH THE 2008 PRINCE OF ASTURIAS AWARD FOR LETTERS
25-June-2008
"I am thrilled and honoured to have been awarded this highly important prize. The Prince of Asturias Awards are not only a great tribute to literature, the humanities, and the sciences, but also to the universal project of building a sane, human society".Margaret AtwoodToronto, 25th June 2008





Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: